Tuesday 6 December 2011

How to open a door

Here is my completed one minute instructional video:





I was not able to transport studio lighting to the film location, meaning I had to utilise natural lighting, along with a domestic desktop lamp. This actually gave some interesting results, combining a warm orange look with a complimentary soft cool blue. This is particularly clear in the first shot showing a close up of the confused subject. As I was acting in the video I was unable to man the camera, meaning most shots were taken on a tripod. This did however give a very tidy look, adding to the serious and efficient approach the video has taken on. I also improvised the voice over clips. This was an area I would approach differently if I was to reattempt the instructional video. Because I often paused the recording the very second I finished speaking, sometimes the sound cuts suddenly and sounds either harsh or incomplete.


Perhaps for future projects I could experiment with more controlled studio lighting and consider leaving time before and after sound recordings, making them easier to crop down without cutting off any sound or dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment