Thursday 9 February 2012

Three Point Lighting

I recently followed the three point lighting tutorial on moodle, using the key light, the fill light to bring out the shadows created by the key light, and the back light to create an edge around the subject making it pop:

Key:
Fill:
Edge:

I found the guide very useful. It covered everything from emitting speculars, to the relationship editor, which are all important to consider when rendering out high quality images in Maya. I plan to apply a lighting 'rig' in my 'Little and Large' Maya scenes, to hopefully bring out the subjects with in my animation. I plan on using directional lights for a more natural look, as my animation is set in an outdoor environment. Of course, this is something I will need to test first, as I am not fully sure how the objects within my scenes will react to the directional lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment