Wednesday 8 February 2012

Revized Animations

I made a previous post about the final crit we had recently. In response to some of the comments I received, I have revized some of my Maya animations. Here is a short reel showing the improvements:





As you can see from the video, with the kick animation the ball now takes off at the moment of contact. I have also added more weight to the ball as it drops out of sight. I have also pulled out the tangents to add more weight to the ball as it bounces in to the shot on the second clip. Finally, I worked on improving the squash animation where the large beach ball crushes my Lego man. I simply inserted new key frames on the y axis in the graph editor to add extra bounces. The first attempt contain too many bounces, which made the ball loose its weight. In the end, I ended up using the single quick bounce that was suggested during the crit. The result is a ball that appears heavy, yet does not stop too suddenly at impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment