Saturday 21 January 2012

Tomb Raider: Ambient Sound Effects

I was originally searching for Tomb Raider sound effects as I was hoping to find some grinding stone sound clips. What I found instead was this great ambient temple sound. It fits our project perfectly, incorporating wind to give a chilling feel. I could imagine the sound in Odin's throne room as the wind sweeps through the pillars. What I really like about the sound is it's richness. It has that deep low end drone that eases in and out (an example at 1:36). I am already working on producing a deep drone for the falling pillars by slowing down wind sounds form the BBC library, but still need to construct the entire clip in soundtrack pro. If I could take this drone I am creating and overlay it with ambient wind sounds, it could be used for the eerie throne room of Odin:





Overall, The sound here is very rich and varied. My aim now is to try and make my sounds as full, thinking about layering up clips to achieve authentic results.

No comments:

Post a Comment