Tuesday 20 September 2011

Gary Grier

I have found an artist who focuses on the mundane, who's blog I am now following. Some of his traditional style paintings almost appear like quickly taken snapshots in the most dull and bleak situations. His style of working with oil on canvas gives some of his paintings a blurred effect, almost like an out of focus photograph. I believe I could really draw inspiration from Grier's work as he takes a subject matter, which seems dull and uninteresting (people lounging around in their homes, children riding around the streets on a bike) and displays them as art. To me this adds a great sense of the unexpected, very much like the character I am aiming to create. Here is a link to Grier's blog: http://garygrierart.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment